Online marketing, digital marketing, internet marketing, phrases that are used a lot these days relating to modern marketing techniques. There is different terminology and jargon used which can confuse the issue but as a business owner all you want to know is what techniques should I utilise that will help to generate more sales leads and gain more customers …….. Right?
Getting Noticed Online
It’s easy to see why marketing methods now relate to the internet and online activities, as pretty much the majority of the population use the internet to search for products and services. So, to ensure you’re in with any chance of capturing new customers your marketing efforts (or the bulk of them) need to focus on getting your brand noticed online.
Online Marketing Tactics
That’s all great, we know the internet is a hugely important media channel to focus our efforts but how exactly do we do that, what particular techniques can we use to achieve our objectives. There are a wide range of online marketing activities we can look at to aid brand awareness and business growth and of course different tactics will apply, depending on your particular business. I’ve highlighted a selection of the most effective online marketing techniques that, if you’re not already doing should be looking to implement:
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) – Ensuring your website appears high in Google search results for specific search terms.
- Social Media Marketing – Utilising certain social media platforms to enhance brand awareness.
- Email Marketing – Distributing regular e-shots / e-newsletters to your customers and prospects.
- Online Articles / Blogs – Producing relevant, useful articles for your website. Providing your audience with quality content that provides value.
- PPC (Pay per Click Ads) – Online ads via social media, e.g. Facebook or the Google AdWords platform to further increase website visits and lead generation.
There is a lot more detail that can be added to the above tactics, in terms of setting them up and getting them to work for your business. For the purposes of this blog I just wanted to highlight some of the primary methods. Further in-depth information of the different tactics can be found by clicking HERE
How Will Online Marketing Help My Business?
By developing and implementing an effective online marketing strategy there are numerous benefits that can be achieved for your business:
- Increased brand awareness
- Improved lead generation
- Maximising website visitors
- Enhanced business credibility
- An improved competitive advantage
- Improved customer relations
- Highly targeted campaigns
Of course, each business has their own goals and objectives but by knowing your ideal customer and their buying behaviour, what motivates them, the right online marketing plan can be implemented to deliver the right results for your business.
If you have any further questions, or need any advice on developing your online marketing strategy please do Contact Us for an initial consultation. Is your business getting the right results from online marketing? Leave us a comment below and share your views and experiences.
Marketing Consultant – Elite Marketing Services
Measurable Marketing. Results That Exceed Expectations.