You’ve got a great website – Good content, eye catching design, simple to use navigation and call to actions but what’s the other major element that’s missing…… Website Visitors!
You can have the best looking website in the world but if no one is visiting it’s pretty pointless and a waste of money. There are a variety of methods you can utilise to optimise website visitors (traffic), some require a bit more budget than others but there is also some very cost effective ways of maximising website traffic.
Website Traffic Techniques
This is a list of what I consider the ten most effective ways to increase visitors to your website:
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) – Developing the right content your audience wants to read based on specific key words they will search for via search engines, e.g. Google, Bing, Yahoo. Using the right keywords and quality content will help your site appear higher in the search engines and thus increase clicks through to your site.
- Google AdWords – Appearing at the top of Google search results through paid for ads via the Google advertising platform.
- Blogs – Writing regular, quality blogs and articles on different topics that affect your particular industry and provide your audience with a valuable content source.
- Social Media – Providing regular content via social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Linked, etc.) that deliver links back to your site or a specific page. Even more exposure and reach can be gained by boosting specific posts or setting up a social media ad campaign with the primary objective of driving website visitors.
- Email Marketing – Sending regular customer e-shots and e-newsletters incorporating links back to a specific web page, e.g. your blog, a special offer, an event.
- Printed Material – Even though the majority of marketing is now conducted in the digital world, don’t forget about your customer facing printed literature – Brochures, leaflets, banners, business cards, etc. Always include your website address.
- PR – Writing articles and press releases for use within specific industry magazines and online portals, further enhancing brand awareness and website clicks throughs.
- Videos – An increasingly powerful form of online marketing, setting up your own YouTube channel. Works well with Google rankings (Google own YouTube) and so helps SEO performance and provides great results via social media channels.
- Online Ads – Create ads to feature on other complimentary websites relevant to your target audience that click through to your own site. This can also include key industry trade press websites that your potential customers are likely to visit.
- Google My Business – If you haven’t yet set up your Google My Business account, do it now. Another effective way of appearing high in local Google searches, highlighting you company details, contacts and website address.
Some of the techniques listed above take longer than others to develop and implement and may need more expert outside help to manage e.g. SEO, AdWords and Social Media Advertising but once initiated can yield excellent results.
Digital Marketing Strategy
Of course, there is more work to do in order to develop and implement your overall digital marketing strategy for your business; objectives, target audience, key messages, etc but hopefully this gives you a starting point as to some of the most effective tactics you can use to improve website traffic.
Is your website working for your business? Attracting sufficient visitors and ultimately sales enquiries? Do let us know the primary tactics you use, what works best for you?
If you have any further questions, or need any advice on increasing your website visitors, please do Contact Us for an initial consultation.
Marketing Consultant – Elite Marketing Services
Measurable Marketing. Results That Exceed Expectations.